Friday 4 July 2014

Day three

Today has been a bad day - I ate sugar!! but I have my reasons
  • Firstly I ran out of my happy pills a few days ago and I was feeling very emotional
  • Secondly, it is SO HOT today, good god I was walking around sweating like a pig
  • Thirdly, I am so POOR at the moment. So so poor, it was getting me down...
And there I was wandering through town, sweating like a pig feeling sorry for myself and I walked past a coffee shop BB'S coffee and muffins and they have the most delicious iced still strawberry lemonade refresher. AND I HAD ONE. A LARGE ONE. but.. I did share it with my boyfriend, and I was hot and sad so I think it is okay. One slip up is okay. In fact, on page 25 of IQS4LIFE book, Sarah (the author) describes that actually, lapses are okay! They help you to learn and quitting sugar is after all an experiment, not a mean diet. So I am okay with it. It wasnt awful. I cannot find the nutritional values for it online, but I am hoping it wasnt TOO much sugar. 

On  a positive note: I actually ate really well for the rest of the day, apart from my lapse, and I stuck nicely to the meal plan!

Breakfast
Wake-up-Whip

I tried this two days ago, and I wasn't overly keen on it. The texture was all wrong, and it was a little bit bitter and too warm. Today I made some changes, I ran out of weetabix, so i only used one and replaced the rest with oats. I used less vanilla powder, I used raspberries instead of strawberries, and I used ice cubes. And guess what. I actually preferred it. It was smoother and the taste of weetabix was much less overpowering. I think this is definitely a recipe that I will have to fiddle with until I find what works for me.

Lunch
Chicken salad
In this I had chicken, lettuce, spinach, yellow pepper, tomato, spring onion and homemade mayonnaise (recipe for this on page 208 of IQS4Life). It was yummy!

Dinner
"KFC" Chicken
The recipe for this can be found on page 92 of the IQS4life book. I went for the full works with the minty mash, coleslaw (leftover from yesterday) and cheesy sauce. 
 My Verdict
AMAZING. All of it. Every single bit of it. Loved it. Definitely will be having this again!

Day 3 summary
It has been a bad day, and I cannot work out if I feel bad because I have quit sugar, or because of personal circumstances. I have a feeling it is more to do with personal circumstances, but I will know for sure tomorrow!!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment