Friday 4 July 2014

Day two

Breakfast
Not-quite-Apple-Crumble Muffins
The recipe for this can be found on page 62 of the IQS4LIFE book. It makes 12 muffins, and they are very delicious! I did have to make a few substitutions because I ran out of almond meal halfway through, so I replaced this with self-raising flour, and replaced the arrowroot with corn flour (after a lot of googling!)
They are so easy to make (I made them yesterday cos I am always way to hungry in the morning to wait!), you basically just mix the wet ingredients (which contains real apple pieces!) with the dry ingredients and then mix them all together and you have this delicious looking mixture

Put the mixture in a greased muffin tin (you are meant to use muffin cases, but I didnt have any - they still came out fine!)



 Bake for 30 mins on gas mark 4/180c/350f
I served mine with full fat greek style yoghurt and raspberries which I got from the farmers market on Tuesday, and a cup of Chai tea.

My Verdict:
YUM! definitely better than the breakfast I had yesterday. It has good textures and tasted lovely. It kept my full for about four hours which is brilliant!

Lunch
Roasted Red Pepper Soup & Finnish Scones
You can find the recipe for this on page 136 of IQS. I had to make more substitutions for my finish scones, I did not have any wholemeal spelt flour, so I just used bread flour. 
You basically roast some peppers

Until they look like this

   Then you peel off the skin and blend with some bread, almond meal, vegetable stock and pepper

I made my own almond meal by blending a handful of almonds! Smart eh ;)

A novel way to measure bread




The finished item:

 

My verdict:
Loved it! so nice, and so filling - it filled me up for about four hours. really delicious and really easy to make. Will definitely be making this again! Yum 

Dinner
Fish and Chips
The recipe for this can be found in the IQS4LIFE book. The chips are sweet potato chips and I served it with homemade coleslaw using red cabbage, carrots and homemade mayo (recipe also in the IQS4Life book)
 My Verdict:
This was really nice, the fish tasted lovely. I am not really a massive fan of overly fishy fish, and the recipe for the fish made it taste good. The sweet potato chips and coleslaw were a lovely accomplishment, and it was good to know I was getting my five-a-day in!

Review of the day
I liked all the meals today, and I am still feeling good! I have not had any major sugar "crashes" yet or craved anything. So far, so good!!!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment